We all like to conscious of any potential fire hazards in our home, but what about our garage, especially when it’s attached to our house?

Garage fires can occur very easily, this is because our garage is where we store most of our flammable liquids ( paint cans, varnish, gasoline cans to name but a few). It’s also the place we are most likely to work on the car, motorbike, lawnmower etc.  Here are a few tips on preventing your garage from being a potential fire hazard:

Clear your garage floor of anything with the potential to ignite easily such as oily rags or paper items, also clean up any spills and mess you may have made while working

Store all your potentially hazardous materials in clear, well-labeled containers

Check that the door that leads to your home from the garage is free from any gaps and is properly sealed, as dangerous fumes such as carbon monoxide can seep into your home

It is recommended that you have the garage checked by a Certified Home Inspector, as they can check to see if your walls and doors meet proper standards of fire safety, and also point out any areas that might need attention.

Please contact us for more assistance

error: Content is protected !!